Ayurvedic Medicine For Acidity – Instant Relief Tips By Experts
Acidity is one of the most common health issues that every second individual of the world is being affected with. The suffering from acidity is not confined to any specific age, It is common issue of people falling in almost every age categories right from a child to an elderly senior citizen with regards to distinct reasons like weak digestive system, lifestyle and eating habits. Acidity, if not treated timely may lead to state of hyperacidity causing hard to treat severe heartburns and gas.
There is a common tendency of ignoring the acidity problems in human beings considering it not a life threatening health issue and usually treated by patients by themselves without seeking the assistance of an expert. It is not as deadly disease as cancer is, the lesser known fact about it is that the excessive production of acid in body adversely affects functioning of distinct and significant parts of body like intestines, stomach, kidney, heart etc. It is therefore advised not to treat acidity by your own especially when it reaches the stage of severity.
Before we enquire about the treatment of acidity, let us have an insight over acidity, its causes and symptoms-
Acidity is commonly recognised with heart burns in stomach and chest regions of the body. It is observed with high production of acid in the body. The state when gastric glands of body secretes abnormally high or excessive acid which is higher than the level of naturally produced Hydrochloric acid or Gastric whose function is to breakdown and digestion of food in simpler form. This higher acidity level affects the food pipe or oesophagus causing burning sensation in the region. The lining of stomach lies in 1-3 ph in order to withstand the acidic content in stomach whereas the ph of oesophagus is around 7ph. The discomfort and burning sensation in the food pipe and chest region is observed when due to acidity reflexes, acid goes back to oesophagus. Whenever the ph is dropped below 4 in food pipe, the acidity is said to be playing the game in human body. The medicines do the job of bringing up the ph in the stomach and food pipe to 3.5 to eradicate the issue of acidity from core.
There could be various reasons for the acidic trouble in stomach from lifestyle to eating habits. Let us have a quick look over the important causes of acidity–
- Excessive intake of oily and spicy foods which could be junk food too.
- Anxiety, unnecessary fits of anger and depression causes acidity
- People inclined towards excessive, lesser or disturbed eating habits are vulnerable to acidity.
- High and frequent intake of Maida based products in excessive quantity.
- Excessive consumption of green leafy vegetables.
- Going in bed immediately after heavy meal.
- excessive intake of water
- Odd night working hours.
- Sleeping in day and staying awake in night.
- Higher ingestion of caffeine and nicotine based products.
- More inclination towards Carbonated drinks
- Fatty foods like chocolates results in acid reflux diseases or acidity.
- Habits such as Smoking and drinking alcohol addiction results in acidity attack.
- Excessive fasting and skipping meals causes’ acidity.
- Dieting without knowledge
Let us now have a brief study of symptoms of acidity –
- Twinge or pain in upper abdomen region of the body immediately after heavy or spicy meal
- sour belching or Heartburn
- Vomiting, Nausea, and loss of appetite for 1-2 days or more
- A sagacity of abdominal tightness or ‘bloating’
- Excessive burping and belching
- Blood queasiness or blood in stool too is the symptoms of severe acidity.
- If gastritis continues for longer term, patient may suffer anaemia
It is being said that acidity is a temporary issue of stomach and food pipe but if it is not cured timely it may become permanent health issue with some of the dangerous outcomes on health of individual affected with it. Various kinds of antacid tablets and allopathic based medicines are available in market assuring instant relief from the burning sensation and bloated stomach. But such medicines are actually of no use for those having hyperacidity problem, moreover allopathic is always associated with harmful side effects which may succeed in giving soothing feel to your stomach for some time.
If you are in search of side effect free treatment and in addition to it, you look to drive maximum benefits to your health; Ayurvedic treatment for acidity is the option for you. Let us investigate about the herbs based treatment of acidity in Ayurveda and its effectiveness.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Acidity
Amidst various types of medicines and science of treatment claiming to have cure for Acidity, Ayurveda fetches you most effectual treatment for the excessive secretion of the acid in the body. It is concerned with the Heartburn and development of gas in stomach. As per Ayurveda, acidity or ‘Urdhvag Amalpitta’ which is also known as acid reflux or Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), gastric juices movement overturn from the stomach to the lower part of esophagus.
As per science of Ayurveda , It occurs due to the exasperation of Pitta dosha in human body. When Kapha is allied with this infuriated Pitta, the HCL or acid starts enters into the oesophagus. This state is said to be Urdhvag Amalpitta’ world widely known as widely as- Heartburn, Acid Brash, Acid Reflux, etc.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Acidity/GERD
Ayurvedic prescribes herbs based cure for acidity decreasing the intensity of acidity in human body along with improving and strengthening the digestive system of the body. Various types of ayurveda based churana, Ras, Syrups, powders are available in the market to improve the bowel movement, digestion process and aids in reduction of acidic level in the stomach. However selection of the medicine is personal choice of an individual but best treatment as well as consumption of credible ayurvedic brands along with right intake of dosage of medicine is vital.
If you are looking for a reliable ayurvedic product provider, Vashveda is the right choice for you as it brings you best ayurvedic treatment for acidity involving tablets, churana and syrups fabricated for the diverse intensity of acidic problems of the individuals.
Common Herbs part of finest Ayurvedic Treatment for Acidity by Vanshveda
- Coriander -The gastronomic (cooking) herb or the dry spice coriander is highly useful in successful healing for acidity. The soothing traits of coriander are an aid in reducing the burning sensation and nausea caused due to acidity. Juice or extract of coriander with 4 oz of buttermilk is immensely useful in reduction of acidic production in the stomach. Coriander extract is also vital part of ayurvedic medicines for acidity.
- Amla – Amla is the integral part of Ayurvedic treatment for hyperacidity or acid reflux is amla. It is also highly beneficial in the cure of range of digestive problems. Amla may be eaten raw, however while making the medicine it is either dried or powdered or its extract is used in making syrup for settlement of acidic issue of the bread basket of the body.
- Licorice – licorice root is widely used in ayurvedic medicine for acidity. Herbal tea prepared from it is greatly beneficial in relieving the burning sensation, belatedness and other symptoms of acidity.
- Mint – Peppermint and spearmint is important ingredient of every medicine, syrup and powder because of its quick healing speciality from heartburn and associated symptoms.
- Tulsi- Tulsi or Holy basil forms the integral part of ayurvedic medicine for the reduction of acid production and is highly effective in lessening the propensity for reflux and heartburn. It can also be consumed fresh by the patient.
- Harad– the dried harad power forms the basis of every ayurvedic treatment for medicine. It is most commonly used in ayurvedic churana. They are bitter in taste due which are mixed with other ingredients like amla to make it suitable for consumption.
Also Read – Ayurvedic Medicine for Dandruff
Ayurvedic practitioner always recommends some must to follow recommendations for best and quick results. Let us have study in detail the dietary recommendations and other guidelines which are must to be followed with the treatment for acidity for best results.
Dietary advices to be followed with the Ayurvedic Medicine for hyperacidity:
What to eat and how much to eat is an important factor in controlling acidity. The following tips should be followed:
- Over eating should be strictly avoided.
- Fibre rich diet must be involved
- One should confirm to involve cold or normal milk with sugar
- A year old rice, barley, wheat, bitter gourd, pomegranate, milk of cow, cucumber, pumpkin, and banana are highly recommended for acidity patient.
- Do not sleep immediately after dinner; rather eat two or three hours before going in bed at night.
- Do not eat in one go; rather go on to eat small meals.
- Say no to oily, junk and maida based food.
- If you are found of red meat, then start it occasionally not frequently.
- Avoid bakery based products
- Eat only when you feel hungry.
- Lessen chocolate and chocolate based products.
- Tea and coffee are main source of acidity. Cut down their consumption to maximum twice a day.
- Do not drink water immediately after meal
- Stop smoking if you are found of it.
- Immediately lessen or stop alcohol consumption.
- Do not take too much of frozen foods and chilled beverages.
Lifestyle recommendations while going for ayurvedic remedy for acidity
No medicine can fetch you the desired result until you make some rock solid healthy changes in your lifestyle. To derive best and swift effects from the ayurvedic medicine on your digestion, you need to lead a healthy lifestyle. Numerous factors are utterly responsible for good digestion; go on to study underneath to know the Lifestyle that must be carried on with ayurvedic treatment for acidity. Here are some tips to improve your digestion.
- Eat only between 10 A.M. and 2 P.M which is said to be Pitta period. During this period the enzymes are the strongest resulting in easy digestion. Eating beyond this period would adversely affect the digestion process.
- Prefer seasonal and fresh food as seasonal food doesn’t involve preservatives which are harmful for the health of human being.
- Food should not be overcooked and burnt.
- Food must be chewed finely to facilitate easy and proper digestion.
- Avoid reading books, driving, working computers, and phones during a meal to confirm balanced digestive process.
- Take adequate sleep and work in day only.
- Avoid sleeping just after taking the meal, whether it is a lunch or a dinner.
- At least half an hour walk a day is must.
- Avoid anxiety and depression.
Before starting the treatment, patients of acidity can try home remedies based on the prescriptions of Ayurveda to get instant relief from the hyperacidity.
Ayurvedic Remedies for acidity
- For immediate respite from hyperacidity, switch to coconut (Cocus nucifera) water. Drinking 100 to 500 ml of coconut water twice/day is best home remedy for the Heartburn alias Acid reflux.
- To get rid of high reflux of the acid prepares mix gruel of rice corn, honey and raw sugar in equal proportion. Take 100 to 200 g twice a day. It safeguards the Stomach and oesophagus from the heartburn and acid reflux.
- Involve 3 to 6 gram of crushed Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) with 250 ml water twice/day. Amalaki is known to be finest pacifying pitta and Kapha Dosha agent. It is simultaneously rich source of Vitamin C too which is effecting in healing the bruised stomach and oesophagus arising due to the high fabrication of the Acid in the abdomen.
- Powder of Haritaki and Bhringraja (Eclipta Alba) taken in equal quantity with 12 g of Jaggery and warm water pours soothing effects in the abdowmen of the body. Bhringraj is highly effective herb in the cure of liver problems and distinct types of digestive upsets.
- Sips of cumin (Cuminum cyminum) and coriander (Coriandrum sativum) tea are of great relief in case of indigestion and over eating.
- A decoction prepared from Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), fruit of Neem, leaf of snakeguard, and Triphala in equal proportion is highly useful in cure of acidity. The intake criteria should be 14 to 28 ml twice a day. It shouldn’t be taken hot.
- If you do not enjoy the above you decoction then you can also prepare a decoction from dried ginger (saunth), leaf of snakeguard and fruit of coriander mixed in equal quantity. Twice a day intake of 14 to 28 ml should be taken. It can also be taken with sugar but make sure that you do not add sugar in hot decoction.
- A simple home remedy not requiring you anything to buy involves a teaspoonfuls of ghee in a glassful of milk once a day. It lines the inside the gut and heal bruises caused by the flow of Pitta.
- Two tablespoon of honey mixed with tablespoon of natural cidar vinegar before every meal will sooth down the acidity in stomach and oesophagus.
- Peppermint oil based mint capsules or mint juices are excellent herbal antidote for treating acidity. It minimises the possibilities of formation of gas. This is one of the most functional home cures for acidity.
- Involve fruit like water melon, papaya, and cucumber and banana diet in your daily regime.
There are an assortment of home medication and ayurvedic cure for acidity control. it is good quality to go for such treatments as they are safe and sound as well as successful. Stay away from chemical/medicinal acidity treatments as it creates a bunch of other fitness struggle.
Also Read – Ayurvedic Medicine For Skin Allergy
Exercise and Yoga for Hyperacidity ayurvedic treatment
Exercise helps in domineering acidity. Cock-crow walk are excellent for health and aids in keeping the acidity ailment under control. At least 2 Kms of morning walk would be highly valuable in digestion of food. Likewise Yoga and meditation is panacea for not just proper functioning of digestive system but are also of great help in regulating all systems of body like nervous, urinary system, respiratory system etc.
Despair, apprehension exacerbates the acidity problems, so it is hereby advised to lead a stress-free life for happy and sound living. Involving following yoga in daily regime can be absolutely beneficial in leading happy and healthy life. Bhujangasan, Surya namaskar, Paschimottanasan,Sarvangasan, Naukasan, ,Bhastrika Pranayam, Sitali Ptanayam and Sitkari Pranayam are panacea to get rid of acidity for longest span. Meditation and yoga done on a regular basis is the best remedy to get rid of even hyperacidity problem in due course of time.
What is the best medicine for acidity?
Your nearby medicos must be flooded with various medicines for acidity such as Foaming agents, H2 blockers, Proton pump inhibitors and prokinetics medications. These all are highly effective in curing acidity but once you discontinue them the acidity problem would erupt sooner or later as they do not work in strengthening the digestive system etc. Moreover taking them for long period can result in harmful effects which could give rise to some serious issues like cardiac arrest, kidney related health issues.
Ideally the medicine should be such that it strengthens the digestive systems, actiivates enzymes and bile juices which digest the food in complex form into simplest form making the digestion process absolutely easy without forming gas and acid etc. Moreover the treatment should maintain the ph of oesophagus and stomach to 3.5 to be able to resist the formation of acid. Amongst all, Ayurvedic treatment for acidity is best antidote for acidity as it maintains ph level, strengthens the digestive system, activates enzymes and digestive juices etc uprooting the causes of acidity from the root. Moreover, the core of ayurvedic medicine for acidity is herbs which are harmless completely.
Which Is The Best Ayurvedic Medicine For Gastric Problem?
Bloated stomach, excessive farts; stomach aches are some of the symptoms of gastric problems which usually are the outcome of undigested food in stomach, lack of water intake, fasting, constipation, over eating and unhealthy lifestyle. The long terms and best solution to it is stored in herbs of ayurvedic medicines which works upon to eradicate the root causes of the gastric problem instead of giving medicines to suppress the causes and provide the temporary relief from the gastric issues.
How can I cure hyperacidity?
Hyperacidity refers to group of severe symptoms arising by an imbalance flanked by the acid secreting mechanism of tummy and proximal intestine and the shielding method that guarantees their safety. The stomach usually secretes acid important in the process of digestion. Hyperacidity occurs when excessive production of acid happens in the stomach. You may try some of the following home and herbs based remedies-
- Take mixture of coriander seeds (Dhanyak) with sugar twice a day.
- Coconut water, i.e 100-500 m in quantity shall be taken twice a day.
- Amla powder 3-6 gm BD with water.
- Shatapuspa (Saunf) (Anethumsowa) powder with sugar mixed in a glass of water – 20 ml twice daily for would be of an immense help to get rid of hyperacidity.
- Habit of chewing of fennel seeds after every meal
If above home remedies doesn’t work, then go for Vanshveda Ayurevdic treatment for acidity comprising of medicinal packages to heal your digestive system permanently. Consult an authentic, qualified and expert ayurvedic practitioner at Vanshveda for permanent cure of hyperacidty.
Vanshveda brings you best combo of ayurvedic medicines, churana and syrup for hyperacidity assuring great results.
Is giloy good for acidity
Ans- Giloy is widely used herb in Ayurveda withb multiple benefits to offer. A review done in 2017 involving the examination of medical boons of giloy states that the juicy extract of the stem of giloy is immensely valuable in effective treatment of gout as it helps to minimise the mounted level of uric acid in the body.
Giloy is immensely useful in expelling toxins from the body which provides soothing and healthy effects to the digestive system by being an aid in throwing out the acid from the body. Giloy in combination with various herbs forms an outstanding health tonic effective in strengthening the digestive system of the body. Giloy is universally acclaimed for its anti-inflammatory paybacks to the body.
Can ayurveda cure gastritis?
Yes, ayurveda stores 100% cure for gastritis. Have a look at some of the well known Ayurveda based ingredients found in home which are indifferent part of ayurveda medicine for gastritis.
- Asafoetida (Heeng)
- Ajwain or Carom Seeds. …
- Asafoetida (Heeng) …
- Jeera Water. …
- Fresh ginger. …
- Lime juice with baking powder.
But if you want have maximum benefits of the above ayurveda based products that switch to Vanshveda ayurvedic treatment for gastritis comprising of right mix of herbs effective in the treatment of gastritis.
The best ayurvedic medcine for stomach gas
Amongst numerous ayurvedic medicine available in the market,
How can I permanently cure gastric problem
There is no permanent key to cure gastric problem unless you bring some healthy changes into your lifestyle and continue taking ayurvedic churana and syrup in your daily routine to have complete check over the gastric problem. Triphala based churana daily in night reduces the possibilities of constipation which is one of the reasons of gastric issues. It also keeps the acidic level in stomach and gout under control by throwing out the waste and acids responsible for stomach related gastric issues. Vanshveda brings you best of the auyrvedic treatment for gastric problems at highly economical prices.
Is lemon good for gastritis?
There have mixed views of experts about effectiveness of lemon in gastritis and acidic reflux. Some believe that citrus fruits like lemon enhance the sternness of acidic reflux symptoms. However Majority of diet experts and medical practitioners believe that lemon despite of being acidic in nature offers alkalizing impact when consumed with little water. It neutralizes the action of acid in stomach thereby reducing heartburns and irritation in chest and oesophagus area. Lemon taken with black salt and little water is highly effective in getting rid of gastritis.
Is Gelusil good for acidity?
Gelusil is a mishmash medication effective in the treatment of heartburn, acid indigestion, and stomach ache due to gastric trouble, upset stomach, bloated belly, or stomach uneasiness due to excessive eating or drinking. It is however regarded safe for occasional heartburn fatalities. But those with hyperacidity should opt for ayurvedic treatment instead as gelusil is ideal for mild acidity issues.
Is Apple good for acidity
Apples are an excellent source of magnesium, calcium, and potassium. It is being considered that the aforesaid mentioned alkalizing minerals are of great help in providing relief from acid reflux. However some believe that an apple before going to bed in night or after a meal may counteract the acid by forming an alkaline condition in the stomach.
Vanshveda – A Credible Resource Of Ayurvedic Medicines
Vanshveda is the upcoming ayurvedic clinic proffering range of safe and harmless ayurvedic treatment for acidity. It is the one stop and best ayurvedic solution of range of health disorders. Fabricated and manufactured from sheer herbs, Vanshveda offers customized treatment for acidity along with other health disorders. Its medicines are manufactured on the teachings of Ayurveda and are being made under the supervision of ayurveda experts who are highly practised in Ayurveda practises.
Vanshveda in order to make the treatment accessible to all presents range of products at highly reasonable prices online. You can mere by just few clicks order the heavenly medicines having the extracts of herbs and get it at your home or office in couple of days through home delivery services. The ayurvedic medicines for acidity is offered after the thorough study of each case by our Ayurveda experts, who on the basis of their investigations and test prescribes the treatment involving dosages and period of continuance. It presents:
- Ayurvedic Churana for acidity
- Ayurvedic syrup/Ras for acidity
- Ayuvedic tablet for medicines.
Patients may however return our products anytime in case of unsatisfactory results during the prescribed duration by our expert.